Can you believe I had to be talked into taking this trip to London and Paris?
Yes, that’s right folks I came up with every excuse in the book when my friends invited me along. I tried to protest “No, I should save my money instead.” or “No, it’s too last-minute and I need more time.” or “No, I’ll go when the weather is warmer.” Yes, I can be quite ridiculous at times.
Luckily, I have fabulous friends who took it as their personal mission to convince me to take a bit of time off of work, get out of my routine, get out of the city and see some of Europe. Basically, they called me out. Thanks guys!
In hindsight, it was my fear keeping me from saying “Yes!” to this trip. What can I say…I am a scaredy cat now and then! Fortunately my friends know me better than I know myself and refuse to let me wallow in my fear. Can you believe I didn’t even have to tap on it!?
The moral of my story is sometimes you just have to let your friends drag you outside of your comfort zone and see what happens:-)
How have your friends stepped up and convinced you to do something good for yourself? How have your buddies shown you they care about your happiness? Send me your stories. I love hearing from you!
London Snaps + Fun Facts Below!
I hope you enjoy the photos below.
The first leg of our trip was a tour around popular parts of the city. I got to see Green Park, Hyde Park, Trafalgar Square, St. James Palace, Buckingham Palace, London Eye and Piccadilly Circus (love the name!)
We did a ton of walking in London averaging anywhere from 15,000 to 20,000 steps a day (thank you Health app)! That isn’t even counting the 700 plus steps we will be walking to climb the Eiffel Tower in Paris! #guiltfreevacation
- Here is Westminster Abbey after dark.
- London Eye dressed in red for Christmas!
- We took a lift up to the 36th floor to view the Sky Garden. Here is a taste of the view:
- Heidi and me in our shameless selfie at the top of the Walkie-Talkie Tower.
- We got to see Tower Bridge from Sky Garden too, all 31,000,000 bricks, that is!
- We traveled to Ritzy Picturehouse to grab a few drinks before watching the film Brooklyn with Saoirse Ronan. Isn’t it twisted that I left Brooklyn to watch Brooklyn in London? Hah!
- No Metro card here…it’s an Oyster card instead!
- Here war are most delicious lunch at Carioca, a cute Brazilian spot in Brixton.
- The oh-so-clean London tube. I’m one jealous New Yorker!
- A most fascinating exhibit at Tate Modern where this huge geometric sculpture represents hope. Read more about Empty Lot here.
- Heidi spotted it: Electric Avenue! Remember the song?
Until next week…
Let’s stay connected!
Want a partner in crime to tap along with you? You can book a session with me here.